Special Master's track EIT Digital Service Design and Engineering
EIT Digital Master School offers an international Master program on ICT Innovation, combining and integrating technical majors with a fully standardized minor on Innovation and Entrepreneurship. As a student in the EIT Digital Master School you not only get fundamental knowledge and skills on a technical topic, but also learn how to drive your innovative ideas to the market.
A distinctive feature of the ICT Innovation program is geographic mobility: you will study at two top-notch universities in two different European countries. When you apply for admission to the two-year program, you select an entry point (the university at which you do the first year of the program), and an exit point (the university at which you do the second year of the program). You will also travel to a kick-off event, summer and winter schools to meet other students, business partners and professionals. Learning about cultural and language differences enables our students to become experts in their technical field and also succeed as managers in global markets.
Double Degrees and the EIT Digital certificate
When you successfully complete the program you will receive a double degree from your entry point university and your exit point university. In addition, you will get the EIT Digital certificate, documenting the EIT Digital specific learning outcomes on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Eindhoven University of Technology offers three tracks in the context of the ICT Innovation program:
- Data science. This program will provide the mathematical and computer science competences for analyzing big data and the entrepreneurial skills to successfully apply these in a corporate environment. At the TU/e this track leads to a degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Embedded systems. This program equips engineers of tomorrow to specify, design, and implement computer systems that are widely used in a variety of personal and industrial devices in e.g. transportation and health-care. At the TU/e this track leads to a degree in Embedded Systems.
- Service design and engineering. This program will provide both the technical competence and the entrepreneurial and innovative skills needed for a successful business in the area of service design and engineering. At the TU/e this track leads to a degree in Business Information Systems.
SDE learning outcomes
The general learning outcomes of the programme are:
- Identify and master appropriate software technologies, architectures and systems related to service-oriented computing.
- Relate business insights and behavioral, legal, and societal expertise in modern information systems and services.
- Analyze the user and organizational needs for services and their decomposition.
- Analyze different service-oriented computing approaches and open standards.
- Relate technology skills (e.g. communication, knowledge integration, engineering systems) with strategic business expertise in practicable technology and business opportunities.
- Model, design and integrate software intensive service applications and information systems considering various stakeholder requirements, their potential evolution as well as scalability, usability and security dimensions.
- Communicate complex and intangible challenges and solutions in an explicit and concrete manner with diverse professional experts.
- Co-operate in international and multidisciplinary teams and apply expertise from diverse competence domains and cultures to construct and develop concrete solutions.
- Apply state-of-the-art theories in service science in real enterprise experiences.
- Propose novel and innovative services with sustainable business models.